Service Terms, Conditions & Cookie Policies
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the Terms and Conditions on which you may make use of our website www.yougossip.co.uk (our site), whether as a guest or a registered user.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use the site. By using our site, you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please refrain from using our site.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our site is operated by YOU GOSSIP LIMITED, a company incorporated and registered in England with company number 07850295 whose registered office is at 3 Chartwell Close, Ingleby Barwick, Stockton-On-Tees, Cleveland TS17 0XQ (“we or us”).
2. ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may make some parts of our site, or our entire site, available only to users who have registered an account with us. Accordingly you may be required to register an account with us and submit certain personal data to access certain parts of our site.
This site is not aimed at Minors. You must only register an account with us or share personal information with us if you are not a Minor (the age of Minors is determined by local laws where you reside). In any event, if you are under the age of 16 years old then you should have a parent or guardian review and approve these Terms and Conditions on your behalf prior to you using the site.
You may not sell or transfer your account to any other person without our prior written approval.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
As a condition of us (and/or our partners) providing the site and services available on it to you, you confirm that you will use the site and the services available for your personal, non-commercial use only.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
There are two types of content on our site: (1) Content of which we are the owner or the licensee of; and (2) user submitted content which is submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
We own all intellectual property rights in our site which is not user submitted content. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
User submitted content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the irrevocable and perpetual right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for the use within the site and our business. You hereby grant us an unrestricted non-exclusive license to do so and you hereby waive all moral rights in the user submitted content.
We treat user submitted content very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting it. Accordingly, you grant us the right throughout the world to bring an action for any infringement of any such rights in user submitted content (including without limitation copyright and all other rights as set out in the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended, revised and/or extended) and/or other analogous legislation throughout the world) by a third party and in the event we are successful in pursuing a third party for infringement of such rights we will pay a percentage of such damages to the owner of such content, if such damages are recoverable and the owner is contactable, in accordance with the Payment Fee clause under these Terms and Conditions, and after deducting our legal costs in pursing such infringement. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and private use only.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site (including without limitation any illustrations, photographs, video or audio materials) for any purpose other than your own personal and non-commercial use only without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors in writing. If you have any questions, comments or requests in relation to obtaining a licence, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
With respect to user submitted content, no representation or warranty is made by us in respect of that content. You may only submit content to the site which you are entitled to do, and you should carefully note the contents of sections 7, 8 and 9 below.
4. RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
5. OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
6. OUR LIABILITY
The material displayed on our site and any content you may access or download is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
7. UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
We provide a feature that allows you to upload material (by way of example including but not limited to videos, images and posts) which you can contribute to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, if you make use of such feature then you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you agree to indemnify (fully compensate) us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site must be owned by you.
Material which you submit will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the irrevocable and perpetual right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for the use within the site.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site.
8. MODERATION OF COMMENTS AND MATERIAL
Please note that we do not actively moderate comments or other content which users may submit to our site. We rely upon community moderation of our site. As a result, care should be taken when allowing minors to use our site.
We shall examine carefully a comment or other material which a user notifies us as being inappropriate, and we shall exercise in our discretion our right to remove such content.
9. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following provisions set out our site’s Acceptable Use Policy that you must comply whilst you use our site:
a. Prohibited uses
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below). To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms and Conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site including without limitation in any way that causes or is likely to cause, distress to any person, or for the purposes of spamming or sending unsolicited emails or messages; or
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored; or
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
b. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
c. Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with any part of this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
d. Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
10. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTICE AND TAKE DOWN POLICY
We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that material made available to you on our site has been cleared for use. However if you believe that there is material on our site which you have certain intellectual property rights in and to which you have not granted permission to be used, then you should notify us in accordance with this clause.
A notice of alleged copyright infringement should be sent to our designated copyright agent at the following address:
Flat 5, 27 Beaufort Gardens, London SW3 1PR.
Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
Your notification of claimed copyright infringement must be addressed to our copyright agent and you should include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner (or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Specific identification of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed so that we may identify the work on our site.
- A description of where the material believed to be infringed is located on our Site including URL to help us identify the material you are alleging is infringed.
- Your contact information, including your complete name, address, telephone number, and email address so that we may contact you in respect of your claim.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the work(s) in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, (and that we can rely on such statement in a court of law), that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly.
11. VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
12. LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
13. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
14. TRADE MARKS
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on our site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of ours and others. Nothing contained on our site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on our site without our written permission or the written permission of such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on our site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on our site, or any other content on our site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that we will aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between you and us. In the event that any term is found to be unenforceable, it shall be varied with the minimum changes required to give it enforceability in your jurisdiction. All other terms shall remain the same.
YouGossip are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
a. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when you register to become a user or otherwise fill in forms on our site, such as your name, age, address, email address, sex, mobile number. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services or goods. We may also ask you for information when you purchase products from our site and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We or our agents on our behalf may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
b. IP addresses and cookies
We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ visits to our site.
We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access our site) and your visit to our site, including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and our advertisers.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file and/or similar tools which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive to report back anonymous data to us. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Our site uses the following cookies:
This web analytics service provided by Google Inc helps us to analyse how users use our site. It counts the number of visitors and tells us things about their behaviour overall, such as typical length of stay on our site or the average number of pages a user views.
This information generated by the cookie about your use of our site will be transmitted to and stored by Google on their servers. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our site, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity.
This advertising cookie service provided by Google Inc provides ad management and ad serving solutions in relation to online advertising.
This advertising cookie service provided Google Inc is program that empowers online publishers to earn revenue by displaying relevant ads on a wide variety of online content, including site search results, websites, mobile webpages and apps.
A web analytics service provided by Piwik provides us with reports of your use of our site.
Generally, cookies may be used to enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests and provide a more personalised experience to you.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
We store your IP address when you visit and register an account on our site for safety and security purposes, and if deemed necessary by us, to help identify users who have breached any part of our Terms and Conditions.
c. Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
d. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
- To fulfil our legal obligations and respond to litigation.
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions and/or Acceptable Use Policy against you.
- To create non personally identifiable reports on the user interaction with our site.
e. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To our third party partners as part of providing the full functionality and services of our site to you.
g. Internet awareness
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public areas, like journals, web-blogs, reviews, message boards, and forums, you should be aware that this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. Please exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose.
Please note that our site and the service available on it are not aimed at Minors, and you should not share any personal information with us if you are a Minor (the age of Minors is determined by local laws where you reside). If we have reason to believe you are a Minor we reserve the right to delete your account.
Thank you for visiting our site.